We often enjoy eating different kinds of fruits because it tastes good. However, we may sometimes become not aware of the benefits it has. Sometime also helping to fight cacner.
Did you know that Guyabano (Soursop) is considered as the most potent agent and a well known natural fighter against cancer, ten thousand times stronger than chemotherapy? And has therefore claimed to be a miraculous as it aids the effect of tumor?
Unfortunately, research revolving around guyabano’s healing properties is lacking in the scientific world, but so far researchers have been studying guyabano for its ability to protect against cancer and reduce side-effects of chemotherapy.
The National Cancer Institute found that guyabano’s leaves and stems were found effective in attacking and destroying malignant cells. Leaves from the guyabano tree “killed cancer cells among six human cell lines.” The researchers also found that the leaves were particularly effective for prostate and pancreatic cancers.
Not only that! Guyabano can also prevent Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
Find out more about this spiky fruit loaded with various prevention against infection and diseases together with its health benefits!
Ten Health benefits of Guyabano (Soursop)
1. Helps the body produce energy – Guyabano can supply enough good amount of thiamin which is needed in the process of converting sugar into usable energy.
2. Keep bones healthy – Guyabano is loaded with calcium about 25 percent as prevention from bone loss.
3. Boots cholesterol levels – Guyabano is a good source of niacin which known as vitamin that is significant for a good cholesterol levels.
4. Prevents anemia – An iron provider which prevents blood disorder.
5. Prevents migraine – This fruit carries riboflavin which helps in the prevention of headache.
6. Prevents Constipation – Sousop is rich in fiber which can aid in losing weight and lowers the risk of colon problems.
7. Prevents urinary tract infection – A good source of Vitamin C, which helps in decreasing the number of harmful bacteria present in the urinary tract.
8. Prevents leg cramps – Like banana, guyabano is also a good source of potassium which fight against muscle weakness.
9. Prevents water retention – It helps women lessen their premenstrual symptoms.
10. Prevents pregnancy complications – Folate is present in soursop fruit which prevents deficiency in pregnant women in order to prevent pregnancy loss.
Guyabano Tea Recipe
1 kilo ripe guyabano
4 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
- Wash and peel fruits.
- Remove the core and seeds. Then cut pulp into small pieces.
- Heat in four cups water. Cool.
- Strain mixture through a clean cheese cloth into a pitcher, then squeeze the juice.
- Add sugar and enough Calamansi juice or make the mixture a little sour.
- Serve with ice cubes. Add more sugar if desired.